- Child better raised as orphan than with single dad in India??
- Renuka is playing games with men’s rights
- Honor our Fathers: Sons and Gangs
- Dads and Daughters: The Unbreakable Bond
- Scotties have gone NUTS
- Obama’s incomplete plea on fatherhood
- HMA breaking more homes than uniting
- Why is it hard to get Shared Parenting Bills passed?
- Father’s Day Articles and Stories
- Child Says “I want Pappa”, Mommy Says “No Pappa”
- American coalition of fathers and children
- Bareacts from VakilNo1
- Canadian children’s rights council
- Centre for Children’s Justice
- Child Rights Information Network
- Dr. Warren Farrell
- False Allegations
- Fatherhood coalition
- Fathers and Families
- Fathers are Capable Too
- Gender Human Rights Society
- Global Missing
- Indian Kanoon
- Jeremy Morley
- Judicial Reforms India
- Justice for families
- Men’s Web
- OCI, US Department of State
- Open archive Judis India
- Parental Abduction is Child Abuse
- Parental Alienation Awareness
- Parents4protest UK
- Save Family Foundation
- Save Indian Family
- SIF Times
- Stephen Baskerville
- The Mens Center
- The True Equality Network
Tag Archives: glenn sacks
Some women do real horrible things that are beyond belief. Take this example
- Husband goes to war in Iraq
- Wife cleans him out without his knowledge (forges his signature, takes out his money, buys a new house, sells the old house etc.)
- files for divorce and takes custody of the chidren
- husband comes back to devastation, homelessness, and penniless
- courts do not convict wife, gets stayed sentence for check forgery
- husband will likely lose custody of the children and husband will be asked to pay support
Many women do this, stabbing husbands in the back and walking away w/ their kids for no apparent reason. Mostly women initiate this and husbands are the ones who hold out in hopes of reconciliation. WHY? Maybe the answer lies in utility theory, which postulates that people make choices in life that maximize their utility
- The utility from marriage for women is in childbirth, raising the children, being loved by someone, and the money that the husband earns which helps run the family
- Over time the utility of marriage decreases because children are born, they reach a certain age where they need not be cared for intensely, and love dwindles over time in most marriages unless BOTH husband and wife work hard to maintain it. The only utility that remains is from the money that husbands earn
- The utility of the alternative (splitting up and taking the children and living with old parents or independently) increases over time especially if women can access the money (they steal some and the rest is granted to them by courts as child/spousal support
- So why do husband’s hold out in the hope of reconciliation? Because most husbands go to work everyday and earn money for their family, so they can keep their wives happy and raise the kids to be honorable citizens. That is how they derive utility from the marriage and it does not decrease over time, in fact it increases over time as kids grow older, demands for money increase (kids have to go to college etc) and husbands work even harder to hold the family together
- Now when the wife initiates divorce husbands find themselves stuck doing the job to pay child/spousal support, hardly get to see their kids, and have of course lost their wife, have suffered at the hands of the skeptical society that thinks they must have done some wrong etc. So the utility of the situation they are in is really really low and they are unable to find an alternative with higher utility. This is what also leads to SUICIDES
Hence it is imperative to keep the flame of love going since the utility of love for the woman has to be kept high–that is the only hope for men. The courts cannot provide love and love cannot be bought. OR men have to find an alternative with higher utility which is made extremely hard by the family court system and is especially hard when kids are involved.
MAKE SENSE???? PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS
News reporter finds it funny that a man was stabbed in a domestic dispute. If a wife was stabbed by a husband, would we be amused? read story here
In the Clara Harris “murder by mercedes” case, the wife Clara repeatedly ran over David Harris as David’s daughter sat in the front seat, begging Clara not to kill her father.
The media on both the left and the right poured derision upon the murder victim, referring to David Harris as a “rat,” a “lying, cheating scumbag” and Clara Harris’ “unfaithful dog of a husband.” Commentator Susan Estrich asked, “Who could blame [Clara] for getting into her Mercedes and running him over?” and seemed a little sad that the Harris County criminal trial jury did. Conservative talk show host Joseph Farah penned a column entitled “Free Clara Harris!” in which he wrote, “I’d give her a medal. … She did the right thing. That creep deserved what he got.”
Even the prosecutor in the murder trial, Mia Magness, expressed her disgust, saying that Clara, instead of killing David by her own hand, should have “[done] like every other woman … get his house, car, kids — make him wish he were dead.”
The truth finally came from the mouth of a child, David’s daughter Lindsey who sat in the front seat.
what would have happened if david had run over clara????
How does the police react when a man calls them to complain of domestic violence? See Chris Titus’s funny but true routine
Too much attention is paid in the media nowadays to two types of dads–the absent and the deadbeat. But no one seems to pay attention to the legions of “hero” dads who make extreme sacrifices for the sake of their children, love their children to death and live by that philosophy, and are always concerned about the welfare and best interests of their children. WE NEED TO CELEBRATE THESE DADS MORE AND REVERSE THE COMMON PERCEPTION.
THIS SHOW PORTRAYS DADS IN A REAL BAD LIGHT. GLENN SACKS HAS CREATED A PROTEST EMAIL THAT CAN BE SENT IN 15 SECONDS, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SIGN YOUR NAME
Fox recently announced its intention to launch a new reality show called Bad Dads. In Bad Dads Jim Durham, director of the National Child Support Center, “functions as a sort of ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ for tracking deadbeats…[Durham’s role is as] an avenger of penniless single mothers [who] hunts down deadbeat dads and forces them to pay child support…
“In the pilot, a financially destitute mom is contrasted with her wealthy ex-husband, who is living the high life. Durham confronts the man at his country club to shake him down in front his friends. It’s ambush reality TV.”
According to Reuters, Durham will target fathers who are behind on their child support by “making their lives miserable — foreclosing on their house, repossessing their car. He will squeeze them…”
We oppose Bad Dads for six reasons:
- Bad Dads publicly humiliates children of broken families by depicting their fathers as not loving or caring for them.
- Bad Dads unfairly depicts divorced fathers as uncaring and selfish, when research clearly shows that most divorced dads pay their child support and remain a part of their children’s lives, often under difficult circumstances.
- The records of the child support agencies are notorious for being riddled with errors–they cannot be relied upon to determine who is a legitimate “deadbeat” and who isn’t.
- Bad Dads singles out fathers for shaming, when U.S. Census data shows that noncustodial fathers are more likely to pay their child support than noncustodial mothers.
- Bad Dads glorifies private collection companies whose practices are so abusive that even the National Organization for Women has condemned them and urged women to avoid them.
- Television is rife with negative, misleading and unfair depictions of fathers–Bad Dads promises to be one of the worst examples.
I always find it interesting that there are celebrity men out there who will practice misandry with aplomb. Maybe they are trying to get into the good books of women and just like feminists, they know that there is no penalty for male bashing. Have you ever seen a woman practicing misogyny? NO. At most some women will speak out against feminists, but Misogyny against the gender as a whole? NEVER. Men who commit blatant unsubstantiated misandry need to be rebuked.
PBS Declares War on Dads
“I miss you daddy!”
“I miss you too, princess. Daddy loves his little girl.”
“I love you too, daddy”
“How’s my smart little kindergarten girl?”
“I want to see you, daddy, I want you to come over, couldn’t you come over soon? I want….”
The phone is wrenched away.
“This conversation is OVER!”
Dad hears the phone slammed down on the receiver. Almost.
“How DARE you talk to that man!”
The phone must have hit the receiver off center. The line is still open.
“How DARE you do that to me!”
The little girl begins to cry.
“I just wanted to talk to daddy.”
“How DARE you!”
“I miss daddy!”